2006: Chapter 334 of the Acts of 2006,
Data Collection Bill
Requires the Department of Housing and Community Development to submit an annual report to the State Legislature providing detailed information about certain attributes of publicly-subsidized housing units as well as the household characteristics of those residing in these units.
The intent of the Data Collection Bill is to promote fair housing practices by providing the DHCD with the necessary tools to evaluate its housing programs.
What is collected?
- race and ethnicity
- household type
- number of children
- number of households that request and receive an accessible unit
- type of building
- type of housing (disabled, elderly, special needs)
- number of bedrooms
- numbers accessible for people with impairments
- source and terms of the subsidy
What units are covered?
- state and federal public housing
- housing supported with state assistance (including privately-owned housing with public subsidy)
- state or federal rental assistance
- housing assisted with federal funds administered by the state
Except for state and federal rental assistance, it does not apply to subsidies provided directly to individuals.